Ginger Dot to Dot Biscuits (with added ginger)
In a first for the Yunioshi Catering Corp – here is the recipe for Sundays Dot to Dot biscuit treats! We’ve upped the ginger from our original recipe. The midnight bakers didn’t get the full opportunity to test the biscuits in a full blown rock capacity until the day of the event.
50g caster sugar
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
50g golden syrup
2 egg yolks
250g plain flour
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground ginger (we’ve now upped this due to complaints!)
• Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
• Beat together the softened butter with the caster sugar until creamy.
• Stir in bicarbonate of soda, golden syrup and the egg yolks.
• Sift in the plain flour and ground cinnamon and ground ginger then bring together
with a wooden spoon.
• Shape into two balls, knead until the dough comes together, then chill for 30 mins.
• Roll out one ball at a time – nice and thin
• Stamp out your Yunioshi lettershapes using cutters (you may need to go to the
internet and buy these)
• Re-roll the trimmings. Lift dough onto greased baking sheets and bake for 3-4 mins
until slightly risen and golden brown.
• Cool on a wire rack and add your dotty decoration if you so wish.
• Will keep in an airtight container up to a week.